Monday, March 16, 2015

New Experience by Catherine Hwu


New Experience

the important day is finally here
we are finally going elsewhere
there I sit as nervous as can be
waiting for the experience that has yet come to me

to the land of mystery I will go
to fulfill something that I don’t know
transferring from plane to plane
waiting for the arrival day

it is decided that there I will stay
for many, many days
throughout the country I explore
scanning all the poor

never faced this experience before
all the rags the people wore
to them I seem to be a lord
making it difficult to ignore

as I roam from place to place
there were many, many chases
the people would follow with much happiness
hoping many would buy items with kindness

to their dismay
we just went away
I was as afraid as can be
walking through a world that seemed so poor to me

watching with mouth wide opened as can be
so scared that I wanted to flee
so many, many poor here
that I wanted to close my eyes and disappear

must I be such a wealthy one
ignoring all the people that have none
I’ve never been so rich before
I don’t know what to do anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment